In The Time of Plague, Death too Wears A Mask!


Angered by delay, man slips out of UP hospital after giving ...
When it struck for the first time, I was not in my country. I was doing my exchange semester. Being someone who is always curious about things, my search on Google always starts with the news. I would be starting off to open the famous news' sites just to get a glimpse of what is happening in different corners of the world.
The giant country was on the headline of the newspaper. I just took it 'lightly' at first, what can be the worst? Internal problems always create temporary chaos with immediate short or long-term effects. The city with more than 11 million of population was almost everywhere.

Wuhan, China. 

When my eyes caught to a word - virus, all I could think was something similar to a bird flu. Oh, that's sad. Still okay, it is just in one city, hope the whole force can join together to fight for this and help out China. Saying that, I continued to read my assignment's guideline which was due 2 weeks later. Something felt just not right, but well, I did not know what. For the first time, I did not go deep into a news, or else I would be using different sources to read about the same news. You get me?
Kerala ups vigil, to announce fresh strategy as coronavirus back ...
Later, when the clock struck midnight, I went to the same news portal again. My second search was the location of Wuhan in China and anything related to it in particular in terms of activities, history and so on. Yeah, that's how I start off with. Later on, I encountered this word "corona virus", and I don't belong to a pure science background after the age of 16. Yet, I do like to read about the scientific stuff at times. I just don't stay under the same umbrella all the time. I keep on flying from one topic to another, which ever seems interesting or attractive. Oh my! When I begun my 'deep' research, the first thought that kicked in my mind was "What if the virus spread to other countries? Or maybe not" I just could not sleep till 6 in the morning. Sleepless night with different thoughts and possibilities trap kicking in.

Bingo! It happened. The Coronavirus spread to other countries through the airports mainly, of course, travelling activities. I don't know why, I still felt normal and relaxed. I mean, yeah fine, I don't feel anything yet. But as the virus kept on infecting people and the number grew to thousands, all around the world, I could almost feel as if the end is near. Literally. 

                                         How actors, director, singers are coping with coronavirus lockdown ...

Well, it was not common yet to see people wearing masks in Austria. I did not see anyone wearing any mask till February 2020. When I returned to my country, I could see basically every single person wearing mask. My beloved mother would be telling me the updates on the country, and telling me how serious this virus is actually. Things started to get rough, and the numbers kept increasing with no signs of vaccine for about 18 months the least. What started as an epidemic mainly limited to China has now become a truly global pandemic.  Over 5.5 million infected cases, and around 350 thousands of cases as of May 2020. It just seems like a movie, or as if I am still in a deep sleep and having a dream. A nightmare which I hope ends soon, for the well-being of the humans on this planet to feed their families.

~Till it shines back again